Monday, October 7, 2013

"A Portfolio of TV Advertisements"

Here are the links for the TV advertisements.  Click on the links and watch each ad, and keep in mind the 15 Advertising Appeals as you watch them.  Which appeals are used? Are the ads effective? Why or why not?

Volkswagon: Snowplow
Union Carbide: Chick
Alka Seltzer: Spicy Meatball
Quaker Oats: Mikey
Coca-Cola: Mean Joe Green
Federal Express: Fast Talker
Pepsi Cola: Archaeology
Levi's: Launderette
Jeep: Snow Covered
Energizer: Darth Vader
Got Milk?: Aaron Burr
The Gap: Pardon Our Dust
Honda: Physics
Sony Bravia: Bunnies
Dove: Onslaught
Tide to Go: Interview
Planters Peanuts: Perfume

4 comments:

  1. Many of the ads use the need to feel safe, however, it was mainly the vehicle commercials. Others, like the clothing commercials use the need for attention and dominance. There is a little bit of each of the others used, and you can tell because they get their point across. None of the ads leave you wondering what they were about or the company. Though some were boring, to me at least, they still got their point across in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I just watched the "Planters Peanuts: Perfume" commercial and we nearly died! We thought it was so funny we were laughing so hard. I am pretty sure I want to go buy some cashews now. The other commercial that really got to me was the taking stain commercial, that stain grabbed my attention so much and it just really frustrated me! It made me so mad I don't want to buy tide to go, but at the same time I do so I don't ever have a stain that grabs that much of peoples attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Jimmy Johns commercial is a total rip off of the fed ex "fast talker" commercial. It seems like all ads could be giving people the need to satisfy curiosity and it seems as long as it is a food related comercial you could say it is a physiological need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched the Mean Joe Green Coca Cola commercial and then watched the remade version and thought they both were great! The original made you feel happy because a famous celebrity was being so nice to the kid and then the remade version just made you laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete